Monday, February 6, 2012

Paleo Breakfast Casserole

Paleo Breakfast Casserole

On the days that I cook chocolate chip pancakes for my kids, I usually want to throw my food together really fast and put it in the oven so I can focus on their food. Today is no different. I make a breakfast casserole a few times a week and top it with fresh avocado. It's seriously delicious!



Ingredients:
3-4 eggs
A big handful of spinach (I have swiss chard leaves in this dish as well)
1/4 cup chopped onion
1/4 cup unsweetened coconut milk in the can
salt and pepper

Directions:Preheat oven to 400 and get a small baking dish prepared with olive oil or coconut oil. Make sure the pan is evenly coated so your eggs don't stick.
In a bowl, scramble the eggs, coconut milk and salt/pepper.
Place the spinach and onion mixture in the pan and spread out evenly. (If I have cooked ground beef, I also add it now. You can use whatever meat you like.. steak, turkey, chicken.. just make sure it's pre-cooked). Next, add the egg mixture and place in oven approximately 20-25 minutes, or until the eggs have set.
Cool for a few minutes then remove from pan and top with fresh avocado.



This has a ton of protein, carbs (the good kind) and healthy fat. You'll want to eat this a few times a week because it's just that good!

Eat and Enjoy!

6 comments: