Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Watermelon Drink

Watermelon Drink


I love watermelon. I love the smell of it; I love the taste of it and I love how pretty they are when they're growing on the vine. I love artificial watermelon candy, too, and anytime it's sitting around, I'll eat it.. paleo or not!

I watched a documentary about the immune system one night and the guy said that watermelon is a great cleanser so I thought I'd give it a try. It also contains cancer fighters, proteins, healthy fats, potassium, minerals and the list goes on and on. Check out this website for truly amazing information about what a watermelon can do for you, then come back here and make this drink because it's so good!

Ingredients:
For a single serving
1 - 1 1/2 cups chopped watermelon
squeeze of half a lime (optional)

Directions:

Place the chopped watermelon and lime juice in a blender or food processor and blend until smooth. I do not recommend a juicer because it doesn't provide the pulp/fiber/nutrients that you should consume so please use a blender or food processor.

I like to use fresh lime juice when I have it because it kicks the flavor up a notch but if you don't have it, don't worry about it. If you like salted watermelon, dip the rim of your glass in water or lime juice and then dip into some Celtic sea salt then pour the watermelon juice in and enjoy!


Nothing beats a hot summer day by eating healthy and drinking something so delicious. I hope you enjoy the benefits you're receiving by drinking watermelon juice!


Tip: I chop all of my watermelon into bite-size pieces before it's refrigerated. Once the kids are bored with it and I have some left over, I will freeze it on a single layer of parchment paper on a cookie sheet. Once it's frozen, I place it in a freezer bag so I can enjoy watermelon juice any time of the year.

Be healthy, live paleo or primal and enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. With bistroMD you can trust that you will not only receive gourmet meals, but that every meal and each in bistroMD's weight loss program is balanced to bistroMD's designed nutritional platform that helps promote an healthy diet.

    STEP 1 - Choose one of the weight loss plans for 5 or 7 days of entrees.
    STEP 2 - See your menu in advance and pick the entrees you desire for each day and week.
    STEP 3 - Order your weight loss plan.
    STEP 4 - Your entrees are delivered to your home.

    ORDER NOW - delivered to your doorstep.

    ReplyDelete