Friday, January 13, 2012

Making Meals in My Mind

Making Meals in My Mind

Today, I went shopping at Publix for my groceries for my first week eating 100% Whole. I thought I would spend a ton, and maybe to you I did, but I think I spent a good amount on my food choices and bought what I could on sale. The $5.00 olive oil won't be purchased again for a long time so that's a one-time-purchase and I bought plenty of meat to last 1.5-2 weeks since I have more already stocked in my freezer.

I spent $82.10 and bought a ton of stuff below:


4 Apple Pie Lara Bars (emergency snack .. keeping these with me at all times)
12oz. carrots (Look closely at the prices. I found 3 bags of 12oz. Publix brand carrots and two of them were different prices, just packaged differently)
2 Gala Apples
6 Avocados (one of my most expensive purchases)
2 Broccoli heads with stalks, on sale (Save stalks and freeze to make veggie stock later)
1 bunch of asparagus (This will be 2-3 servings of veggies for me)
4 Kiwis
2Lbs. grassfed ground beef
6 "Greenwise" chicken breasts
2 Sweet potatoes
24 organic store-brand eggs
1 can artichoke hearts
1 can coconut milk
1 jar black sesame seeds (I love these!)
1 big container of organic salad greens (Can be used in tons of dishes)
1 bag of brussel sprouts (Haven't had them since I was little.. hoping they aren't still gross)
1 bag of baby zucchini
1 store-brand light olive oil (I'm going to make mayo with it)

I also have two whole chickens in my freezer, cauliflower, grapes, strawberries, coconut milk, blueberries, coconut oil (which I will primarily cook with), pork tenderloin (that I'll use sparingly) and organic turkey meat (in case of emergencies!) I also have 4 frozen bags of veggies in my freezer so I really shouldn't be "without" this week.

I will be posting my recipes and I'm hoping this food will last one entire week. I also have to buy extras for my kids so I spent roughly $96.00 tonight but I'm thinking things will go pretty smoothly this week and I won't have to rush out to the store for things. I will more thank likely start tomorrow (Saturday) since I have been eating very clean this week to prepare myself for things to come! :)

It's going to be exciting! Stay tuned for some WHOLEsome dishes. 

1 comment:

  1. 3 Studies REVEAL How Coconut Oil Kills Waist Fat.

    The meaning of this is that you literally burn fat by eating Coconut Fat (also coconut milk, coconut cream and coconut oil).

    These 3 researches from big medicinal magazines are sure to turn the traditional nutrition world around!

    ReplyDelete