Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Paleo Protein Nuggets

Paleo Protein Nuggets

I've been wanting to make more nut butter after I experienced how delicious homemade peanut butter was. (Peanut butter is not paleo!)
I am going to try sunflower seeds one of these days but tonight I wanted to use the almonds I had in the pantry. I used about 1/2 cup of almonds and made my own almond butter and then turned that into paleo protein nuggets!

Ingredients:
1/2cup almond butter (I'll show you how to make it fresh)
1/4cup unsweetened coconut
1tsp unsweetened coconut milk
1tsp almond meal/flour


Directions to make almond butter:
For this recipe, take 1/2cup almonds and place in a food processor. Turn it on and let it run. It'll take 3 minutes or so before it starts to get creamy. At first, it just turned into tiny pebbles and I almost stopped it but I kept it on and it turned creamy in no time. That's it!

Directions for protein nuggets:
In a small bowl, add all ingredients and mix thoroughly. Place in refrigerator for 10 minutes or so to chill it. It's easier to make little nuggets when it's not room temperature.


Remove from fridge and roll into bite size pieces. I used my small spoon out of the silverware drawer. Place in freezer on a plate and then transfer to an air-tight container. These are best eaten cold!


What makes this paleo? The almonds are just that. Almonds, and nothing added. The coconut milk/flakes are unsweetened and the only ingredient on the package is coconut. The almond meal/flour is just blanched almonds. It's yummy :) Try it, you'll like it!



Eat and Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment