Friday, February 10, 2012

Paleo Chicken "Noodle" Soup

Paleo Chicken "Noodle" Soup

On my 30-day whole-foods eating challenge, one thing I am not allowed to eat is wheat of any sort. Have you ever heard the phrase, "If it's not broken, don't fix it"? Well, my chicken noodle soup is broken! It has wheat noodles in it and today I really wanted to make some soup. I'm glad I did because my mom isn't feeling well so I'm taking some over to her. Poor little pumpkin head :) It tastes much better than the soup with noodles in it. I can honestly tell a difference with it since I am not using wheat. I don't feel fat or bloated or tired after eating it. I feel happy and full.

So, what's my secret? Spaghetti squash as the noodles! Spaghetti squash isn't slimy at all. It is very hearty and has an al-dente texture if you cook it right. It's simple to do so check out my post here on how to make it.


Ingredients:
4 cups homemade chicken stock. Check out how to make it here.
1 cup water
1Tbsp ghee
1/4 cup scallions
2Tbsp diced onion
2 small carrots cut to your preferred thickness
Spaghetti squash (as much or as little as you want to add. I add a few handfuls at a time)
salt and pepper to taste


Directions:
In a sauce-pan set to medium-high, heat the ghee and throw your vegetables in and sautee until they start to get soft about 7-10 minutes. After that, pour in the water and chicken stock and bring to boil. Next, add shredded chicken and spaghetti squash and heat through. Salt and pepper the soup to taste. It took about 5 minutes before I took mine off the heat.
Serve immediately and enjoy this healthy recipe!




Eat and Enjoy!

1 comment: