Sunday, January 9, 2011

Boiled Eggs

I know this may seem like a silly post, but 1) I'm working on bringing knowledge to you in case I know something you don't and 2) I'm working on my photography skills!

How to boil an egg without the yolk being runny or too crumbly.

I always start with cold eggs in a pot full of cold water. The water is just above the top of the egg and then I turn the heat on the stove to high. I let the eggs boil about 15 minutes and then turn the heat off and let them cool in the water for about 10 minutes.

Here's the trick to peeling your eggs without the mess and fuss. Dump out the water you boiled them in and put some cold water on them, in the same pot. Roll the egg around and crack it until the entire shell is soft. Then, with the egg in the water, peel the shell off.

If your egg is runny after this or the shell doesn't come off smoothly, well ... There's still hope for you pumpkin ;)

I already ate one of my eggs but here's some of my pretty little eggies to show you.

These are really good for you too!




2 comments:

  1. If ANYBODY should know how to boil an egg, it should be you since you have been eating them since you could speak! :)
    GOOD JOB ON YOUR PIC! you are headed in the right direction with this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I'm trying. I thought this topic was silly, but you know.. there are people that don't know how to boil them. And don't know how to make good rice, which I do and I'm going to post on that too!
    Thanks for the encouragement and help last night!

    ReplyDelete