Saturday, January 8, 2011

Starbucks Cinnamon & Sugar Scones

I found a yummy recipe for Starbucks scones. I absolutely love Starbucks, especially since it's 45 minutes away from my house and I can't get it frequently. You know the saying, absence makes the heart grow fonder :)

I found the recipe for scones here at The Coupon Project. I am so excited to make more of these. You'll find the recipe and instructions there as well as some pictures. I included the recipe as well.. It's a little easier for me to read recipes/instructions if it's step by step without picture interruptions.

Ayden and Todd loved them. I love that it doesn't make a ton of food since we're all working on eating better. There's honey instead of sugar in the recipe (sugar on top) and I love that. I made mine with white flour but next time I will try it with wheat.

Ingredients:
2 cups flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup butter
1 egg, separated
3 tablespoons honey
1/3 cup buttermilk (I used regular milk and it turns out just fine)
1 teaspoon sugar
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon

Directions:
Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Cut in the butter until it looks crumbling, similar to sand. You can use your hands like I did, or a fork or food processor.
In a separate dish, combine the egg yolk, honey and milk. Stir this into the dry mixture until just combined. Roll or smooth it out to an 8" disk, about 1/4" thick and cut into whatever shape you like. You can also use cookie cutters or the rim of a glass to make circular ones if you want.
Scramble the reserved egg white and brush on top of each scone. Add sugar/cinnamon mixture to the top.
Place on baking sheet and bake at 400degrees for approximately 10 minutes.
If you want to make the glaze, add powdered sugar and a little tiny bit of milk to a bowl and combine. Too loose? Add more sugar. Too thick? Add a tiny bit more milk. Glaze and eat!

Here are my pictures...

Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment