Thursday, January 27, 2011

BIG Chocolate Chip Cookies

I just love cookies. LOVE them so much! I think grabbing a cookie is the easiest dessert.. It makes my heart and tummy melt. I love snickerdoodles and I love chocolate chip ones. Tonight I made the chocolate chip ones and these are seriously the BEST cookies I've ever made or eaten. No lie!

I used to make chocolate chip cookies and they were horrible. Okay. Not horrible. They just weren't good.. They were 'okay' and most of them were thrown away.

I was on a quest last year to find the best chocolate chip recipe and I found one that was so good. You can find it by clicking here. These are a little 'cakey' to me, but I love cream cheese so these are definitely on my top cookie recipes to make.

The ones tonight, oh my heaven.. OUTRAGEOUSLY good! I promise if you make these, you will never buy another store-bought cookie mix. EVER!

Sorry, I got a little excited. You should see me when I eat something; I start dancing in my chair :)  ha ha

Okay, so here's what all the fuss is about...

What you'll need
2 sticks unsalted butter at room temp
1 cup granulated sugar
1 cup light brown sugar
2 eggs
1 tsp pure vanilla extract
2 3/4 cup all purpose flour
1 teaspoon table or fine sea salt
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 tsp baking soda
2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
add in 1 cup of walnuts if you like nuts in your cookies. (I don't)
Directions
Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
1. In bowl of electric mixer fitted with paddle, cream together butter and sugars until well blended and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, mix in vanilla and beat until well incorporated.
2. Add flour, salt, baking soda, baking powder and mix until just combined. Gently fold in chocolate chips/chunks and nuts.
3. Get a ice-cream scoop (or large spoon) and get a huge scoop of dough out and gently roll into a ball.
4. Place each on sheet pan lined with parchment paper and bake in the preheated oven 10-15 minutes depending on how you like your cookie, until very lightly browned, taking care not to over bake. I baked mine for 13 minutes.
5. Let cool on rack and store what you don’t immediately eat in an airtight container.

I got this recipe and the directions, edited a little to what I did, from here. This lady has amazing dessert recipes!





These make me say NOM NOM NOM
haha

ENJOY!!!

P.S. Mine made 10 ice-cream-scoop sized cookies .. and then some! I put the rest of the dough in the freezer for next time. It made a lot, and with big cookies like these, I couldn't let them go to waste!

2 comments:

  1. Delish! Thanks so much for the link love! Enjoy those gorgeous cookies!!!

    -Jamie

    ReplyDelete