Saturday, January 8, 2011

Grilled Chicken Caesar Salad

I recently had a baby named Owen. He is now a little over 6 months old and is such a joy! I have been on a personal journey to lose the baby weight in my belly, eat better, and serve better meals to my family.

I buy my meat on sale. Why? Why not! It's usually $4.00-$5.00 cheaper and my local store usually has tons of chicken on sale. I buy it up and save around $20.00 per bill doing it this way. I come home and clean it up and put it in freezer bags and when I need it, all I have to do is thaw it and cook. Saves me so much time!

Today, I marinated my chicken breast in caesar salad dressing and put it in the fridge for about an hour. Todd is the grill master so I let him grill the chicken. It took him a while before he grilled meats well but it was worth it! He does a great job now.

After he grilled it, he used more of the caesar dressing and cut the chicken up and placed it on top of our salads. Today was so easy and so good.

Unfortunately, the boys were in a bit of a rush to eat and get out the door that I wasn't able to take a picture so I found online to take it's place. You've got to try this!

Hey, who says grilling is just for summer meals? It's a year-round event in our family!

What you need:
Chicken
Lettuce
Caesar Dressing

What to do:
Marinate chicken in the dressing for at least 1 hour
Grill the chicken until it's not longer pink
Cut and serve on top of your lettuce

Enjoy!


Picture found here


No comments:

Post a Comment